- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Routine, Urgent, and Emergency Pet Care for Illnesses at Venetian Pet Hospital
If you're like most caring pet owners, you're happy when your pet is happy and miserable when he's miserable. If your pet is showing telltale signs of illness, you may be understandably distressed -- especially if he's displaying symptoms of a serious condition. Fortunately, Venetian Pet Hospital in Stockton, CA is standing by to help with routine, urgent, and emergency care for a variety of pet illnesses.
Common Illnesses That Veterinarians See in Pets
A great many symptoms and problems can send pets and their owners to veterinarians, from odd, unexplained issues to major diseases. Some of the more common examples include:
- Skin problems such as skin inflammations, allergic dermatitis, and "hot spots"
- Digestive complaints such as diarrhea or bowel problems
- Ear infections due to mites, bacteria etc.
- Blocked or abscessed anal glands
- Urinary system issues that cause difficult urination or incontinence
- Dental symptoms such as gum inflammation and loose teeth
Pets also get many of the same respiratory illnesses that humans do. your cat can suffer from a common cold, flu bug, asthma, and respiratory allergies, all of which tend to show similar symptoms.
When Your Pet Needs Urgent Care or Emergency Treatment
While animals' bodies are quite capable of resolving many illnesses without too much trouble, some conditions may cause bigger problems than your pet's own healing mechanisms can handle. In some cases, these can lead to urgent or emergency situations. Emergency pet care may be in order if your pet is experiencing:
- Breathing problems
- Acute pain
- Fainting spells
- Pale gums, which might indicate serious blood loss
- Uncontrolled and/or bloody vomiting or diarrhea
- A hard, bloated abdomen
- Inability to urinate
- Neurological symptoms such as trembling or seizures
Even if your pet isn't actually experiencing an emergency, he may be a good candidate for urgent care. Urgent care can greatly help a pet suffering from non-deadly illnesses that nevertheless cause extreme discomfort, inability to sleep or eat normally, and other troublesome symptoms.
Venetian Pet Hospital is your pet illness care headquarters in Stockton CA. We can administer extensive diagnostic techniques to determine what's causing your pet's symptoms, treating that condition with everything from oral or topical medications to major surgery as needed. We're also happy to work in urgent care cases between appointments or provide emergency pet care that can save your pet's life.
Is Your Pet Sick? Contact Our Stockton Clinic!
When your pet appears sick, give him the help he needs by contacting our Stockton clinic to schedule an appointment or get advice for a serious situation. Call Venetian Pet Hospital at 209-477-3926.